If someone were to ask you, “What do you love most about your mom?” chances are you’d find it hard to narrow down all the ways to just one example. She’s done so much for you, always there to offer support and advice when you need it, and so much more. She’s many things; she’s one of a kind. You’d probably say, “Let me count the ways.”
That’s why, when it comes to finding the perfect Mother’s Day gift, it’s nice to have an assortment of ideas that include, well… an assortment, because sometimes it’s hard to choose just one thing. We hope you find these recommendations as remarkable as your mom!
She’s an Original
Your mom is an original, incomparable woman. Why not gift her with an original, incomparable treat, like shortbreads? Our Macadamia Nut Shortbread Dipped Combo features three of our classic dipped shortbreads:
- White Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread
- Milk Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread
Our Milk Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread was introduced in 1983, and it’s still one of our most popular products.
Since Mom is already the sweetest person, maybe she’d like to partake of our Sugar Free Macadamia Nut Shortbread – Dipped Combo. Or to thank her for all the innovative ideas throughout the years, order one of our NEWEST shortbread assortments!
She’s the Leading Lady
Some amazing movie moms have come out of Hollywood. Just think of Mrs. Gump (Sally Field) from the 1994 film Forest Gump. Forest was so lucky to have her in his life, offering him the best advice: poetic and to the point, even during her final moments. You know the line: “Life is a box of chocolates, Forest, you never know what you’re gonna get.” (We’re not crying, you’re crying!)
As movie magical as that may be, when you choose a box of chocolates (or any other confections) from Big Island Candies, you can bet you’re getting a treat made from the freshest, highest-quality ingredients.
Take our Premium Dark Roasted and Salted Macadamia Nut Chocolates Combo. Whether covered in milk or dark chocolate, they’re creamy and nutty, with a distinctively rich flavor. And they’re slightly salted to bring out those flavors even more.
We also have a sugar-free option: Sugar Free Macadamia Nut Chocolates Combo. (Friendly note: There’s no salt sprinkled on top like the Premium Dark Roasted variety.)
And don’t forget our Sugar Free Macadamia Nut Brownies, if your leading lady is more of a baked-goods gal!
She Knows You Best (and Vice Versa)
It can be fun to curate a gift basket of special treats you pick out just for Mom. A Mother’s Day gift basket is the perfect way to do that, and we make it easy. If you’d like to assemble a Mother’s Day gift basket on your own, think about including:
- Some of our Local Favorites – Maybe she’ll get to try something new that will become a new favorite!
- Hawaiian Coffee (Kona or Ka`u varieties) – A great way to start and/or end her day.
- A movie or music – Add a film she loves to her Mother’s Day gift basket or a greatest-hits collection from a singer or band that brings back memories.
- A savory snack – Perhaps Mom’s more a fan of savory than sweet. Dry-roasted, lightly salted Hawaiian Macadamia Nuts could be exactly what she wants for Mother’s Day.
- Top-notch recipes from a Hilo-Hawaii-born, two-time Top Chef finalist – Chef Sheldon Simeon (of Tin Roof Maui) just released a fabulous new cookbook, Cook Real Hawai`i.
- An amazing clutch or pair of slippers from Sig Zane Designs – Their selection of women’s accessories is simply stunning. (Did you know Sig Zane did some packaging designs for Big Island Candies? Check out: Ka Maka `Ūpolu and Ola Kanilehua.)
Making a Mother’s Day gift basket can be lots of fun, but if you’re short on time or these Mother’s Day gift basket ideas aren’t exactly right for your mom, check out our specialty gift assortments. Presented in brilliant colors and smart designs, they’re sure to be a hit with Mom. Check out a Sig Zane for Big Island Candies selection, like Ka Maka `Ūpolu or Ola Kanilehua. Or choose from one of our gorgeous gourmet gift boxes and baskets filled with surprises.
Mom Deserves the Best
We hope these suggestions, including the ones on how to make a Mother’s Day gift basket, will help make it a magnificent day for your superstar of a mom: signature shortbreads, chocolates, perhaps a gift assortment. Whether or not you’re making your own Mother’s Day gift basket, don’t forget to add a Big Island Candies Reusable Tote Bag to the mix! They’re strong, bright, and beautiful: a blend of style meets substance. It’s a gift that keeps on giving (just like someone you know). Plus, she’ll need something to carry all her beautiful gifts in.
From our family to yours, Happy Mother’s Day!